Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cancun cont'd

So yeah, Sunday we got timeshare tickets. Monday we went to Chichen Itza with Guo Lili's family. On the bus, I sat with their daughter, Mimi, who's like 26. On the ride there, our moms would not stop talking. The tour guide was talking to us about the Mayans, and the only other sounds I hear are our parents talking. On the bus, there was this massive asian guy, who was seriously like 6'6 or taller, wearing a cut up tshirt. Hahaha and at Chichen Itza he kept following Mimi, ie getting close to her etc xD. So yeah, Mayans were pretty interesting people. Apparently the date the earth ends isn't really the earth ending, but a rebirth involving water. NASA says this may be a day involving planetary alignments that will do something to the tides...in my head i was like "oh no another great flood." Also, apparently Mayan's traced the exact date their civilization started, which was like 3000 years ago, while I believe Christians (if following the Bible exactly) can calculate Adam's birth to about 3500 years ago...depending on your source. Coincidence? On the way back we had "lunch" at 4:30 in this buffet place...and there was seriously nothing that looked good. I took some interseting photos there, but they would've been better with a DSLR.

Tuesday we went to Tulum and Xel-ha. This time we went with everyone, and went to Xel-ha first. Eric and Jeremy wanted to do swimming with dolphins, so again Mimi's and my family went to go do our own stuff. So we went snorkeling. Twas fun, except there weren't many fish except for at the beginning. After that we had lunch, which was really really good compared to the previous day's. In the afternoon, we went to Tulum, and took some nice pictures (DSLR PLZ). On the way back to Cancun, again the parents would not shut up. This time, they were giving us time to sleep, and turned the lights off, and all I hear are the parents talking and the little kids shouting to each other @_____@. For dinner we ate at the sushi place. Was okay I guess. I caught a cold that night tho. Afterwards we played cards! 找朋友!

Wednesday wasn't really anything. My parents and I went to La Isla mall and walked around until noon. Then we had lunch at Sunset Grill back at our hotel, WHERE I STUBBED MY TOE ITS EFFING PURPLE NOW MY NAILS GONNA FALL OFF DDDDD:. I was totally pissed. My dad stubbed his too, but it just hurt, no injury. akjhdfadshflkasdjlhf. I'm writing this Wednesday 12/31, and it's still purple. Doesn't hurt now though, just feels weird when touched. After lunch we just hung out on the beach, took some photos, and then went to dinner. Dinner was at Sunset Grill again. It took so long to get food, because this was Christmas Eve. Afterwards, we played cards again.

Thursday morning = packing and eating breakfast and LAST MINUTE PHOTOS XD. During breakfast, I was already brain dead and was falling asleep. On the car ride to the airport I was drifting in and out. At the airport I was asleep while the adults played cards. We got to Atlanta, and customs took so long. First we chose teh slowed line at passport control. Then the lady directed us to the LONGEST line for the x-ray machine, etc. And so we missed our flight by like a minute. They were closing the door when we got there, so they didn't let us on. So we wanted until 7:05 PM. I had Qdoba for Xmas dinner then xD. Got home around 11 PM.

No comments: